Friday, April 03, 2009

Dr. Done

I noticed on a friend’s blog that it has been 102 days since we have posted anything. TERRIBLE! I would like to mention publicly that I have been the only contributor to this blog in the last 14 months (sorry wife). Kristy has been too busy editing. Anyway, this is to announce what many of you already know - I finished my PhD in Higher Education and Organizational Change at UCLA. It has been an interesting journey with lots of twists and turns. My dissertation title is: Higher Education and Knowledge for Nation-State Development: The Role of the World Bank and U.S. Universities in Poverty Reduction in the Developing World. I will post a copy of it to www.globalhighered.com sometime soon for all of you eager types who are just dying to read 240 pages. Thanks to all for the warm wishes and support. This is one of my favorite and most inspiring pictures that I took in Uganda. I kind of wish I was having it bound here:

3 comments:

Pete said...

congrats buddy

Mark and Kelly said...

Yay! That's a big accomplishment for BOTH of you! Now on to even bigger and better things, right?

Andrew said...

love that pic!
welcome back to the blog word brother... good to have you again!!