Julie Paredes – Maid of Honor, sister
Julie is much more than a sister and a friend – she is the one whom has known me the longest, seen my best and worst, and loved me all the same. Julie and I had a typical love-hate relationship when we were younger, and it has been wonderful to have her develop into a true best friend over the last several years. She is a homebody with a craving for adventure, and I can hardly wait to see what she will do with her life. She loves the Lord intensely, is fiercely protective of our family, and is always up for a good action movie. She just graduated from Pepperdine this year, and has recently started a new job at the State Capitol in Sacramento.
Ashley Tucker – Friend
From half a dozen countries in Europe, to Costa Rica, Israel, and Grand Cayman, Ashley and I have traveled the globe together. In addition to being one of the most fun people to travel with, live with, and laugh with, she is the best friend I could ask for. Ashley is someone whom continually inspires me, challenges me, and encourages me. She is such a passionate and beautiful woman of God whom truly practices what she believes. Honestly, I wish I could be more like her! Ashley and her witty husband Nathan live in downtown Phoenix, where she is a middle school math teacher in the inner city.
Megan Salios – Friend
I will never forget the first time I met Megan – I was a freshman at Pepperdine, and she was a prospective student hoping to transfer in the spring. I am certainly glad she ended up coming to Pepperdine, because I can’t imagine my life without her! Megan is one of the funniest girls I have ever known – I live for the moments when she is laughing, dancing, and singing all at the same time. I am constantly inspired by her honesty, her loyalty to her friends, her commitment to being real, and her pursuit of being a godly woman. Megan and I have lived together for almost two years, and I consider it a blessing to have shared this time with her!
Kellie Van Atta – Friend
Kellie is quite possibly the nicest and most genuine person on the planet. Her heart is precious, her spirit is beautiful, and her quirkiness is incredibly endearing. Kellie and I were in Heidelberg together, and we lived together for two years after we graduated from Pepperdine. She is eternally optimistic, obsessed with all-things English (she is a high school English teacher), and didn’t eat much more than cheese quesadillas and brie when we lived together! Time spent with Kellie is always encouraging, uplifting, and satisfying. She asks great questions, she radiates with the love of Christ, and she has a very talented husband named Scott.
Corrie Van Velzer – Friend
Few people have inspired me the way Corrie has. Though we graduated from Pepperdine the same year, we didn’t have an opportunity to truly connect until we worked in the Office of Admission together. We bonded quickly, and now, I know Corrie and I will be friends forever. She is spiritually in tune with God’s will for her life, her voice is beautiful, and her prayers are fervent. Corrie and her husband Chris are living in China right now – there, they are pursuing the Mandarin language and are excited to see where God will take them.
Bethany Cunningham – Friend
Bethany and I have known each other since I was 5 and she was 6. Back then, she didn’t like me because I was bossy. And just as I got less bossy as I grew older, our friendship flourished. We were the “best friends” any junior high and high school girl could hope for. We laughed at everything, talked about boys constantly, rode our bikes together, and survived some interesting years in school together. I am happy to say we are much better dressers now than we were way back then – but even better than that, it has been fun to see how we have grown up over the last 19 years. Now, Bethany and her husband Travis have a new addition to their family – her name is Savannah!
Janet McPherson - Friend
When Janet and Rich moved to Tennessee this last year, Chris and I were devastated. Not only would we miss one of our favorite couples to spend time with, Chris was losing his trusty golf partner and I was losing the best coffee date ever! In some ways, Janet and I are completely opposite – she remembers to do things, I don’t. Janet is neat and tidy, I am not. But in all the ways that matter, Janet and I are perfect together. She always offers a great perspective about things, her heart is genuinely sincere, and she makes me laugh. There is no doubt in my mind that the four of us will be friends forever! Oh yes – Janet will be wrapping up her dissertation for her PhD from UCSB shortly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great group of women!!!
Post a Comment